- Created an interactive bell curve to help students in an elementary statistics course.
- Used numerical analysis to compute the z-score corresponding to a given cumulative distribution function value.
- Implemented using TypeScript, Angular, and Bootstrap.
- Source code: https://github.com/aM3z/bell-curve-js
- Demo: https://www.cs.plu.edu/~amezolma/projects/web-portfolio/projects/bell-curve.php
In probability theory, the bell curve (also known as the normal or Gaussian distribution), is a very common continuous probability distribtuion. This interactive bell curve was developed to help students in an elementary statistics course. The demo computes the z-score correspoding to a given cumulative distribution function value. Recall that the z-score is the signed number of standard deviations by which an observation or data is above the mean.